Pages

Wednesday 1 January 2014

2014...Where are the Flying Cars?

When I was younger, I always thought that 2014 was like super, super far away. Like I'd be dead, or driving flying cars by the time it rolled around.
 
Instead I spent the first day of 2014 hanging with the boys sledding, watching snowboard movies in preparation of actually going tomorrow, and visiting the grandparents. My cousin throws a New Years party "kid style"; as in, start at six, have dinner and dance, have faux New Year's countdown at 8:30 p.m., leave at 9 and have the kids in bed by 9:30. That way the kiddies get a New Year's party without all the drama and meltdowns that result from staying up waaaay past the required bedtime. So we were raring to go this morning. This is actually the second time I've written this post. The first time I was halfway through and the computer died because my sons were playing with the electrical breaker.

I did get some sewing done in the past couple days. I finished putting on the faces on my Star Wars characters and did some more FMQing on my sisters quilt. I think I might be getting better at it?! Hopefully, I'll get some pics and writing done on that in the next couple of weeks.

All the blogs I've read today all have mosaics of what they've done and goals for the year to come. Bloggers are very motivated, goal orientated people.

Um... I don't have many goals and the pictures of things I've done this year are dark and blurry so..
Happy New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for the comments! I love hearing from you! I usually reply via email, unless you are a no-reply blogger, in which case check back here!