Pages

Saturday 22 March 2014

241 Tote Finished



So, despite being the intended target of a round of wailing and crying, I am blogging right now, because sometimes, just sometimes three year old demands are ridiculous. Because I cannot, despite my own laziness or really wanting to sew, let my children watch more than a couple hours of TV/movies on a Saturday. Or play Play-Doh on their bed. I'd like to say go play outside, but it's in the minuses again, so even I wouldn't go outside today.


On a bright note, I finished the 241 tote, by Anna at Noodlehead, that I've wanted to sew for a while (go here for pattern). The pattern is nice and simple. It could be completed in an afternoon. That is if you don't have other things to do.. or feed (They are ALWAYS hungry. I fear for the teenage years. My aunt actually put a padlock on her fridge because her teenage sons were literally eating them out of house and home).


It took me a while to come up with material for the lining and the pockets of this tote. In the end, I went with a solid on the outside pockets and a Kaffe Fasset print on the inside. I find myself more in love with the Kaffe print the more I see it.



I used some black Essex yarn dyed linen and an Anna Maria Horner print for the exterior. The feathers are a linen/cotton blend and a little heavier material, which makes it great for a bag.


Anyway, great little pattern and I'm sure I'll make more of them, which means you'll probably see more of them. It also counts as a finish for my FAL list. BOOYAH!

Finish Along 2014

2 comments:

  1. Yay for knocking another off the list!
    Your 241 is awesome, i love the AMH feathers with the Essex linen!
    Glad to see you were able to take care of the "infestation" long enough to get it finished ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous bag, congrats on all your finishes :o)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the comments! I love hearing from you! I usually reply via email, unless you are a no-reply blogger, in which case check back here!